Tuesday 28 September 2021

Kosovo

It's one of those places I've heard and read so much about, but would have not automatically associated with tourism or sightseeing. I am really glad I went (many thanks to my friend Donjeta who was born there and gave me suggestions and precious tips.

Europe's newest country, Kosovo is a fascinating land at the heart of the Balkans rewarding visitors with welcoming smiles, charming mountain towns, incredible hiking opportunities and 13th-century domed Serbian monasteries brushed in medieval art – and that's just for starters.

Pristina is a city in transition,with a very intense and troubled recent history, yet with an endless potential and a bright future ahead, from what I've heard and gathered, at least. Kosovans are friendly and proudly welcoming visitors. They have given me a very good impression:

My recommendations on what to see:

- Mother Teresa Catholic Church

Newborn Monument

- Mother Theresa Boulevard with its numerous cafés, restaurants and shops

- The National Library

- Ethnographic Museum

- Bill Clinton Statue

- The National Theatre

- Germia Park

- Fatih Mosque

- Bazaar




No comments:

Post a Comment